- General Details
TerumoBCT BMAC is derived from a patient’s bone marrow. It contains a heterogeneous mix of white blood cells – including stem cells, progenitor cells, lymphocytes & granulocytes and platelets.
Why BMAC (Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate)?
More Consistent TNC Counts
- Lower variance produces higher confidence for clinicians.
Higher CFU-F Recovery
- The higher the cell recovery, the more cells are available for a surgeon to deliver to the application site.
High Concentrations of MSCs and HSCs
Higher cell concentration means more cells with potential healing power are delivered to the application site. The BMAC system generates higher concentrations of nucleated cells than an iliac crest autograft. The concentration of nucleated cells found in bone marrow aspirate generated from the BMAC system is 4.5 ± 0.5 times greater than the concentration of nucleated cells in unprocessed bone marrow aspirate.
The BMAC produced using the Terumo BCT BMAC Process Disposable and the SmartPrep® System contains a rich mixture of components including stem cells, progenitor cells, platelets, growth factors, lymphocytes and granulocytes.
Our biologic concentration technology provides clinicians and physicians with key advantages:
- Consistently creates a purified, stem-cell-rich product with less variable TNC count
- Generates autologous biologic products without manual adjustments from patient to patient
- Produces concentrated, ready-to-use biologics with a simple operation
Use Our Numbers to Improve Yours
Comparison of TNC Concentration
It takes more than just a spin in the centrifuge to achieve quality results. Terumo BCT’s innovative floating shelf technology is behind the consistently reproducible results that clinicians can depend on.
Cell Capture Technology
The BMAC process disposable includes a proprietary, self-calibrating floating shelf that is designed for concentrating BMA. The floating shelf is designed with a specific density that concentrates the nucleated cells found in the bone marrow aspirate.
BMAC Total Nucleated Cell
89 x 106/mL
*89.1 ± 8 x 106/mL
Combined with the BMAC Procedure Pack, the SmartPrep system automates point-of-care processing of biologics by:
- Producing concentrated autologous biologics in 14 minutes’ processing time4
- Reducing the number of steps compared to a manual method
Simplifying training among multiple users
- Product Website